Thursday, October 4, 2012

The End is Finally Near!

I can't believe it's almost here. The thing that I have spent the last 3 months training for. The TC 10-miler has finally arrived! And I am freaking out!

I've spent so much time preparing for this run, the longest run I've done in the history of my life. I've got 3 goals:

  1. Finish
  2. Run the entire 10 miles
  3. Finish in 2 hours or less
I'm scared it's going to be too much for me even though I've trained for this. I'm scared that I'm going to be the last person to cross that finish line. But my biggest concern? Failure.

Weight loss is my biggest failure. Hell, I've failed at least 4 times since I've started this blog. I know this run isn't about weight loss but if I can't even commit to trying to get healthy, how am I going to pull off 10 miles?

I WANT to finish this race. I WANT to look back 5 years from now and be able to say that I ran 10 miles at one time. Scratch that. I WILL say that I ran 10 miles.

My race is on Sunday at 7:09 a.m. I'm going to need lots of good thoughts and prayers sent my way so if you could start now, that would probably be best. The more the better.

1 comment:

  1. You are such an inspiration and I am so proud of you. Your blog takes guts and creativity to write and your story is inspiring to many people - probably some you don't even know in person. Your stories are REAL, you are REAL and that is what people enjoy reading about. We are with you on this and will help get you through. I will be thinking of you and praying for you and know you will accomplish your goal. I can't wait to hear/read about how your morning goes. YOU CAN DO IT!.... you ARE already doing it. :)

    ReplyDelete