Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Blog Post That Brought Everyone Down

I've been known to have some crazy dreams. Lately, they've been coming at me every night. Typically they're just weird but last night's was a doozy. As Glenn says, lay off the booze.

I can't remember everything about this dream but what I do remember freaked me out. Glenn was in a car accident but upon looking at him, he was fine. Somehow he ended up at the vet's office, not as a patient, but as an observer. When I told this to Glenn, he got fake mad that I didn't take him to the hospital.

Anyway, I can still see him standing in a "patient" room, watching the vet look over a dog and all of a sudden he went down. Then I was told he died. The rest of my dream was about this vet needed to get a scale to weigh his dog and check his vitals but he didn't want to get it from his office. The thing that is still sticking with me from that dream is how sad I was. I mean, at one point, I actually woke up and reached over to make sure that Glenn was still there.

You're probably wondering what the point of this is. This is my every couple of years freak out over dying. I'm not afraid of dying itself but I'm more scared about what happens afterwards. Not about going to heaven (the big man upstairs and I already have an agreement) but about what happens to me spiritually. Will I still go on "living" and be able to see everything going on down here? Will everything just go dark and that's it? I hate the thought that the lights will go out and I never get to see my family again. It also makes me sad to think of Glenn dying first. I know that life goes on and eventually you figure out how to get past a death but what if you really never get to see your loved ones again?

This is why I try and not take life for granted. I know all too well what it's like to lose someone close to you, as I'm sure everyone has. So live life to the fullest and appreciate everything you've been given because at some point, it'll be gone.

Well, now that I've brought everyone down and/or freaked you out about dying...god, I am such a pleasant person aren't I? I don't blame you if you never want to read my blog again. I'm normally not this depressing. I blame the weather. Now picture this...puppies frolicking through the grass, a kitten snuggling up on your lap, rainbows, glitter...you cheered up yet? If you come to our Halloween party on Saturday night, I'll give you a jello shot. Jello always make people feel better. The booze will help, too.

Hugs and kisses people!

No comments:

Post a Comment