Thursday, September 11, 2014

You Inspire Me

Last night at my thirty-one party, the consultant had everyone go around the room and introduce themselves and then say one positive or encouraging thing about me. I heard that I'm friendly, I'm fun, I have a great sense of humor, I'm always willing to lend an ear, and they like having me as part of their lives. But the one that stuck with me the most was hearing one of my friends say that I motivated her. I loved every single one of the comments I heard but to have someone tell me that I motivate them gave me an overwhelming sense of pride. And also made me want to cry a little.

I've had people tell me before that I've motivated them for one thing or another but never when it comes to weight loss. My friend and I have similar struggles when it comes to our bodies so it was refreshing to hear that I, an overweight person, inspire her. And truth be told, she's an inspiration to me as well. It's comforting to have someone else that that can challenge you and remind you that you don't have to feel guilty if you miss a workout.

I have many friends (and family) who inspire and motivate me and I want to take a moment to say "Thank you". I haven't given up yet and it's mostly because of you. There have been a few days where I wanted to quit but I thought about what I promised myself and all of you and I kept going. Every day I get closer to my goal of losing weight and becoming a healthier, happier me. So thank you for being there for me, even if you didn't know you were.


No comments:

Post a Comment