Monday, September 17, 2012

Things to Do Before I Die

7 miles down...3 to go. I'm still in amazement that I did 7 miles yesterday. I had to walk a few times (mostly up hills) but I did it! As Glenn reminds me, I only have to add a 5k to that and I'll be done. That's just crazy. The last time I did even close to 7 miles was when I did the TC 10k in October 2010. Rowan was 6 months old.

By the time we got home, my legs were pretty much jelly and I was exhausted. But, no knee pain...success! I swear it's my new shoes.


Yes, that is my crazy dog sitting next to me. Glenn managed to catch him mid-yawn.

Next weekend is 8 miles but who cares about that. Without further adieu...my bucket list!

There are several things I want in life. The most important...walking into a bar and having the bartender set a drink in front of me without even ordering. Ok, not really. But it would be awesome.

As I've mentioned before, I'm all about not having any regrets. When I die, I want go out knowing I lived life to the fullest. I've done a lot (been to Europe, tried absinthe, ran a 10k, etc.) but there are so many other things I want to do before I die. Too many to list actually. I know I won't get to all of them but maybe I can squeeze a few in here and there.

  1. Go to Ireland (Glenn has promised me that we will go there for our 10-year anniversary. I'm holding him to it.)
  2. Run a half-marathon
  3. Buy a two-piece swim suit and NOT be afraid to show off my tiger stripes (aka stretch marks)
  4. Hit my goal weight of 135
  5. Cuddle with a monkey
  6. Skinny dip in the ocean
  7. Participate in a flash mob
  8. Take a cooking class
  9. Rent a cabin for the entire summer (or better yet, a house in the Hamptons)
  10. Own a teacup pig
  11. Go on a free for all shopping spree
  12. Visit all 50 states
  13. Own a pair of Louboutin's
  14. Go camping with my kids
  15. Be genuinely happy

No comments:

Post a Comment