Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Plateaus Are The Worst!

Why does losing weight have to be so hard? I did so awesome during my challenge with my sister-in-law but this current challenge is harder for some reason. I'm down a little over 4 pounds, which is nothing to scoff at but it seems like no matter how hard I work out or how much I watch my calories, the weight just doesn't want to come off.

I'm trying to tell myself that I'm actually building some muscle, and maybe part of that is true, but I'm not sure that's it. I've done fairly well with getting up in the morning to work out (not 100% mind you) but I've been pretty consistent. I get at least 30 minutes in at a time. And I've been pretty good about sticking to my calorie count. I'm not doing anything different than I did during my first challenge. If anything, I've stepped it up. So why is it that when I step on the scale, the number doesn't move? It's so frustrating!

I'm sure stress doesn't help and I've had more than my fair share of it these past few weeks between work and children with ear infections and bad attitudes. Don't get me wrong...I'm happy with the fact that I've lost over 14 pounds since the end of August. I'm just feeling a little defeated, particularly this last week.

I've got two more weeks in my challenge with my brother and I need to get past this plateau. If anyone has any tips or tricks to get my body kick started again, I would love to hear them. I can't let him win!

No comments:

Post a Comment