Monday, October 20, 2014

Operation: Beat the Brother Has Commenced

Last Wednesday evening my brother and I kicked off our official weight-loss competition. We are competing for 6 weeks with the final weigh in taking place the night before Thanksgiving. We figured that way we could enjoy the holiday and all of the glorious offerings it will bring. Like pie. And cheesecake. Maybe a little ham. And more pie.

So far I'm down 1.2 pounds from my starting weight. Ideally I would like to lose another 10 pounds from where I was following my competition with my sister-in-law but I'll take whatever I can get. I just need to lose enough to beat my brother. The loser of the competition has to take the other person's kids for a weekend. I would love to take Noah and Emma for a weekend but I would love it even more if Rowan and Keegan got to spend some time in Iowa. My sister-in-law is on my side as she really wants my kids for a weekend. Either way, it will be fun.

I've kicked started my workouts and am back to counting calories. I gave myself a bit of a break between competitions and not once did I feel guilty about it. Despite not keeping track, I didn't gain any weight back, which is awesome. The farther I go, the more I learn about my body. For instance, I am very dependent on protein but am not real good about getting my daily allowance. You'd think I would for all of the chicken I consume. Thank goodness for orange crème protein powder, the breakfast of champions.

Just over 5 weeks to go before my brother must bow down to the weight loss champ. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment